The purpose of Leadership Tigard is to create knowledgeable, networked, skilled, involved and passionate business and community leaders who will:
- Develop awareness of the Washington County/Tigard area- its challenges and opportunities
- Form a network of informed, concerned citizens who will advocate for and represent the community as a whole, engaging at various levels
- Value the interaction of government, business and non-profits in creating a healthy Tigard economy
- Understand the value of relationship building and drive positive change in their community through community leadership
The goal of Leadership Tigard is to inspire rising leaders to participate in the life of the community. The program is designed to put the participants in contact with numerous leaders; to build an increasing awareness of the functioning of our community, and instill a heightened personal commitment to become involved in their community at a variety of levels.
WHAT is Leadership Tigard?
Leadership Tigard is an annual nine-month program investing in leadership and community awareness and is a program of the Tigard Chamber. During nine full-day sessions, scheduled once a month, participants work together with other local leaders to expand awareness and understanding of unique issues and opportunities facing the Tigard community as well as Washington County. Participants are challenged to explore current issues first-hand, will benefit from a series of leadership topics designed to enhance individual community leadership skills and then are expected to make an impact through a highly identified class project.
Leadership Tigard Schedule (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted)
- Sept 19th—Welcome Reception 5-7 p.m. at Pearson Community Room, Tigard Chamber
- Sept 20th—Kick Off Day—Team Building
- Oct 11th—Community, Culture & Diversity
- Nov 8th—Human Needs/Services
- Dec 13th—Business & Economy
- Jan 10th—City, County & State Government
- Feb 14th—Education, Technology & Emerging Industries
- Mar 14th—Non-Profits & Boards
- Apr 11th—Communications & Media
- May 9th—Public Service & Judicial System
- May 23rd—Graduation 4-7 p.m.
$600 for chamber members, $700 for non-members, 9 month payment plan available with credit card.
Leadership Tigard Application & Commitment Form - Application deadline 8/26/16
Sponsors - Opportunities available
City of Tigard
Advisory Committee Members
Kevin Bates - Owner, Symposium Coffee, Pastor, Board Member - Sherwood YMCA
Kim Marshall - Past Tigard Chamber Board Chair, Project Manager, Project Homeless Connect
Lt Jamey McDonald - Tigard Police Department, Board Member - Luke-Dorf Inc,
Kate Mohr - Past Tigard Chamber Board Chair, Educator
Debi Mollahan - CEO, Tigard Chamber, Vice Chair - Luke-Dorf Inc, Board Member - Tigard Downtown Alliance, Board Member - WCVA
Dan Murphy - Past Tigard Chamber Board Chair, GM of Broadway Rose Theatre, 2016 Tigard's First Citizen, Tigard Rotary, Board Member - WCVA
Lloyd Purdy - Economic Development Manager, City of Tigard
Marty Wine - City Manager, City of Tigard, Board Member - Good Neighbor Center, Tigard Rotary
Questions on Leadership Tigard?
Email Tigard Chamber CEO, Debi Mollahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-639-1683